Wide Range Of Client Representative Sectors
These are examples of the types of matters we have handled. This is not an exhaustive list, and we have simple, brief descriptions. We do not list the actual client names due to client confidentiality. We provide a generic case description for illustrative purposes as we take our duty to clients extremely serious. What greater confidential relationship exists in this country besides that of an attorney and his client? What greater sin is there than to breach that relationship? Although, many of our clients are well known, and many of the matters we have been involved in have made the news, it is our approach not to list those here. Also, many times settlements of actual cases are confidential due to the requirements of a settlement agreement. As another example for using generic descriptions, Walt Disney could not have purchased so many orange groves in central Florida had his attorneys not kept the confidentiality.
Business Transactions Example Matters
Our business transactions experience is extensive. The firm has been involved in excess of several billions of dollars in transactions. We engage in small to medium-size business sales, mergers and acquisitions. Whether it is the sale of several hundred restaurants to the acquisition of a small business, our attorneys are equipped to handle the transactions. We offer complete services that include real estate transactions, acquisitions, contract negotiations, tax planning, organizational structure and transfer. There is no situation too unique or even too common for our attorneys. We are solution-driven and client-oriented. Some examples include:
- Representation of a restaurant franchisee for the sale of a 43-unit operation with included the sale of 17 lease-back held by interrelated companies. This was a $100 million sale.
- Multiple representations of the purchase and sale of multi-unit restaurant franchise operations. These deals ranged from $2 million to $25 million. The representation included multiple Applebee’s franchise operators, Burger King and Slim Chickens. (Mark we have had several of these type of deals.)
- Multiple refinance deals involving $25 million to $50 million.
- Representation of a database supplier in the sale of the company to a competitor for $8.5 million.
- Representation of a traffic control company for the sale of the business to a national company for $10 million.
- Represented franchisor creating disclosure documents, franchise agreement and development agreement, negotiate with prospective franchisees, ongoing updates of disclosure documents.
- Represented franchisees review disclosure documents, franchise agreements, developments, negotiate with franchisors.
- Represent international company in connection with office and warehouse leases.
- Represented land developers in connection with purchase, financing, construction, sale and leasing of shopping centers, apartments, subdivisions, warehouses and single user locations.
- Represented sellers and purchasers of businesses, drafted purchase and sale agreements, conducted due diligence, closing of transactions.
- Represented specialized construction company in connection with contracts, subcontracts and financing.
- We represent national corporations that are engaged in the leasing of numerous warehouse facilities for its operations. These facilities range anywhere from 10,000 square feet to a million plus square feet. We are engaged in the complete negotiations of the lease and all matters involved in the transaction.
- Our client purchased several fast food franchise locations with existing franchise restaurants. This was a $25 million deal. We represented the client through negotiations of the entire purchase, along with dealing with the lenders and negotiation of the financing.
- Our client was the owner of a paper mill parts distribution business. We represented our client in the sale of his business to a national distribution company.