Representing National Organizations In Real Estate Deals
These are some examples of the types of transactions we have handled. This is not an exhaustive list and we have simple brief descriptions. We do not list the actual client names due to client confidentiality. We provide a generic case description for illustrative purposes as we take our duty to clients extremely seriously. What greater confidential relationship exists in this country besides that of an attorney and his client? What greater sin is there than to breach that relationship? Although many of our clients are well known and many of the matters we have been involved in have made the news, it is our approach not to list those here. Also, many times settlements of actual cases are confidential due to the requirements of a settlement agreement. As another example of using generic descriptions, Walt Disney could not have purchased so many orange groves in central Florida had his attorneys not kept the confidentiality.
Real Estate Transactions Example Matters
Our experience in the commercial real estate arena is quite extensive. We have been involved in billions of dollars worth of transactions. We represent national organizations seeking to obtain new locations, developers of property, and local businesses seeking to expand and even start with a new location. Some examples are:
- Multiple representations of the purchase and sale of multi-unit restaurant franchise operations. These deals ranged from $2 million to $25 million. The representation included multiple Applebee’s franchise operators, Burger King and Slim Chickens. (Mark we have had several of these type of deals.)
- Representation as part of a team in the acquisition of real property in Los Angeles for a Chinese firm involving a $100 million sale.
- Representation of a Chinese investor in the acquisition a Best Buy property and lease back for $6 million.
- Representation of a developer in the sale of real property to Majestic Realty for $15 million.
- Represented an international company in connection with office and warehouse leases.
- Represented land developers in connection with purchase, financing, construction, sale and leasing of shopping centers, apartments, subdivisions, warehouses and single user locations.
- Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge. We represented the Department of Interior in obtaining and assembling the final portions for the Harris Neck National Wildlife Refuge. This is property located along the coast of Georgia and is designated as a wildlife refuge.
- We represented a client in the sale and transfer of $100 million worth of restaurant locations including all the real sites located with it.
- We represent numerous developers in the acquisition and purchase of developmental property for commercial and residential development. These transactions range from $500,000 to $50 million in value.
- We represent clients in end-user real estate. These transactions involve the building of locations on out-lots. Our representation includes dealing with the seller and negotiating a contract, along with dealing and negotiating the financing in order to accomplish the purchase. We also deal with the contractors during construction and negotiate the construction portion of the contract.
- We represent national corporations that are engaged in the leasing of numerous warehouse facilities for its operations. These facilities range anywhere from 10,000 square feet to a million plus square feet. We are engaged in the complete negotiations of the lease and all matters involved in the transaction.
- Our client purchased numerous out-lots to operate sit-down restaurants. We handled the entire process, from negotiation of the contract with the purchaser to negotiation and finalizing financing, as well the closing of the property.